Sunday, October 18, 2009

Projects, Projects, Projects

Well, I am pleased to announce that I was able to finish (apart from patching and painting a few holes) the Laundry Room Project.  My sis, Kara, took my lovely daughter for a two-night sleepover this weekend and, not only did we get projects done...we got to spend some much needed ALONE time together.  My hubby, Dave, is pretty handy and we rarely work out in the garage on projects together because one of us is usually parenting.  This weekend, however, we turned up the Michael Buble and got our PAINT on!  This is what the garage looked like......
 
 
 
 
 
The humidity has been oppressive these last few days.....We just are not used to that in the San Joaquin Valley!  So, not the most ideal weather conditions for painting projects, but we made it work.  I even managed to keep my cool when Dave used the saw right next to my freshly painted cabinet doors....Yes, that's right.  They were covered in speckly dust and I ended up sanding them down and applying a new coat.  Maybe there are more reasons why we don't work in the garage together....hmmm.....
Most of the projects were for the laundry room, but I will reveal the rest next week!  Don't forget to check back on Tuesday for the official Before and After's of the Procrastinator's Party!

5 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Best of luck with the project

Leigh Ann said...

I'm sure it is gonna look great. How nice to have some alone time!
Blessings~
Leigh Ann

Kara said...

can't wait to see!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Good for you! Oh, I love it when I get time with the hubby to work in the shop together. So often we have to take time seperately, so it's a realy treat. It looks like the two of you produced some great things. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Moore Minutes said...

Oh wow!! Projects everywhere. It was WELL worth it though because I just saw your laundry room!! I'm a new follower too. :)